2 Updates in one weekend?!

2 Updates in one weekend?!

Wow what a treat 2 updates in the same weekend. One might wonder what’s going on. Well it is Memorial Day weekend so first off, thanks to all those who served and made the ultimate sacrifice, thanks to all those who served before me, served with me and those who are currently serving. And with the 3 day weekend there was a lot of progress on continuing to knock out all the little things leading up to a big thing. ¬†When we last left off I had just finished fitting the roll bars and the rear body mount bolts. With those out the way it was onto cutting the carpet for the trunk. The kit doesn’t come with carpet for the trunk so I bought some carpet and had to custom fit each piece. This was easier done now then when the body is on as it’s far more...

Closer & Closer and a $250 mistake!

Well not to much all that exciting this post even though I’m a week or 2 behind. I’ve just been continuing down the punch list of knocking out a bunch of little things. Problem is they can chew up a lot of time. Though I did resolve 2 pretty major items if you consider brakes and leaking fuel major. While I had brakes during the first drive they were really soft and that’s obviously not going to work so I had to resolve that. While trying to bleed them again I finally noticed that the left rear bleed screw was oozing fluid even after closing it all the way. No matter how tight I made it, it just kept leaking. That was part of the problem with the soft brakes. After looking at it and finally taking it apart I realized I had made a $250 mistake....