And…..She’s back!

First off let me say I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. Here at the Kinsey house we had a great Thanksgiving and I also took the whole week off. This allowed me to catch up on some of the Honey Do’s that needed to be taken care of around the house as well as get some time to put the transmission back into the Cobra. So the new parts arrived and the first few pics will help show how much damage was done by my improper adjustment. The damaged throwout fork is in the top of each pic, sorta obvious. You can see what the tip is supposed to look like and how much metal was ground away from rubbing against the pressure plate. Both forks also have the throwout bearing attached to them. With the new parts on hand the challenge was to figure out how to...

Oh! That’s what happened!

Oh! That’s what happened!

Well I got her up in the air this weekend and started taking out the transmission and looking for the culprit.     It was a bit of a PITA to get out and that’s with gravity helping and trying to drop it on my head. I can’t even begin to imagine putting it back in, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. To get the transmission out I had to first drain it, remove the shift handle, the drive shaft and the safety loop. Then I slid the floor jack underneath it and strapped it to the jack with a ratchet strap. (My heads hard but not hard enough to support that thing) ¬†With the jack supporting it I removed the rear tranny mount and the A-brace. Next were the 4 bolts that hold it to the bell-housing and I started to back it out. Problem...